Ann Gallelli: Decoding Village Agendas No. 593

Dear neighbor, Here is the 593rdinstallment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings.  I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you.  If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.

Ann Gallelli

Decoding Village Agendas – September 6, 2022

 Meeting of the Village Board of Trustees

In the Georgianna Grant room

Stanley Kellerhouse Municipal Building

7:00 pm

  

CORRESPONDENCE:

a.      Memo from Village Manager Bryan Healy regarding the Village’s Assessing Unit Status.  Manager Healy presents various options for the Village Board to consider with regard to retaining a Village Assessment roll or switching to the Town’s assessment roll.  With the recent death of Village Assessor Waitkins, Croton currently has no Assessor.  The Village has the option of giving up its assessing role and using the assessment of the Town.   The Village assessment is used to determine a resident’s Village Tax.  This tax is approximately 30% of a resident’s total tax bill.  The remaining 70% (County, School and Town taxes) are based on the Town’s assessment, not the Village’s.

b.      Letters from Senator Peter Harckham and DOT Regional Director Lance MacMillan regarding repairs to the Route 9/9A Right-of-Way Fencing.  Following a letter from Senator Harckham regarding the un-repaired fence on Route 9/91, Regional Director MacMillan replied that it will be repaired sometime this Fall.

c.       Emails from John Munson, Fire Council Secretary, regarding membership changes in the Croton Fire Department.  As required, the Fire Council is updating the Village Board on fire Department membership changes.

d.      Referral from the Town of Cortlandt regarding a Public Hearing for the property located at 1065 Quaker Bridge Road East.   The Village is being Noticed of a public hearing on a site plan application and Special Permit for a non-school curriculum program at the former Danish Home for the Aged.

e.       Referral from the Town of Cortlandt regarding a Public Hearing for the property located at 2006 Albany Post Road.  The Village is being Noticed of a Public Hearing for a renewal of the existing special permit for this property at the north boundary of the Village.  Since its initial permitting, a new garage has been added to the property.

PROPOSED RESOLUTIONS:

a.      Consider scheduling a Public Hearing for September 19, 2022, at 7 PM, in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building to consider Local Law Introductory No. 9 of 2022 and Local Law Introductory No. 10 of 2022 to amend Chapter 230 of the Village Code, Zoning, determining that the Proposed Action is a Type 1 Action under SEQRA, declaring the Village Board to be Lead Agency under SEQRA, issuing the EAF and CAF and referring the necessary documents to the Village Planning Board, Waterfront Advisory Committee and Westchester County Planning Board as required by law.  The Board is taking the first steps in amending its zoning laws by scheduling a Public Hearing for two proposed amendments.  Local Law 9 would expand the area of what is now the Harmon Gateway Overlay zone to include property on the east side of South Riverside, across from ShopRite as well 5 lots on Wayne Street.  It would also permit multi-family residential use as a permitted use and not restrict the third story roofline.  Local Law 10 would allow Transit Oriented Development (TOD) for mixed use and multi-family residential use in the Light Industrial (LI) district in the lots to the west of Route 9 fronting on Croton Point Avenue.   In preparing for these proposed zoning changes, the Village has utilized the consultant services of AKRF.  Their reports and analyses are available as part of the backup documents to this agenda.

b.    Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the amount of $2,500 for a property appraisal.  This is a required step for the application for a NYS EV Charger grant.

c.       Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to process a tax refund in the amount of $2,607.54 for the property located at 5 O’Riley Court (designated on the tax maps as Section 67.20, Block 003, Lot 035.12) due to the settlement of a SCAR petition.  As a result of a Court of Assessment review decision, a refund will be made.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s