Dear neighbor, Here is the 555th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – October 18, 2021
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
1. Public Hearing to amend Chapter 160 of the Village Code, Noise, to establish regulations on gas-powered leaf blowers. The proposed regulations would prohibit use of gas-powered leaf blowers from June 1 to August 31, 2022 and January 1 to March 31, 2023. It provides for temporary exemptions to be granted for properties in RA-40 and RA-60 zones by the Village Manager. As well as for special storm related emergencies.
2. Public Hearing to consider the special permit applications for Hudson National Golf Club for the Club use on the reduced property and the proposed tier 3 solar energy use. The proposal would use a portion of the golf club property for solar arrays and it requires amendment of the existing golf club special permit as well as for the proposed solar array installation. Extensive backup materials are available on the Village website. Click on Projects & Initiatives from Homepage.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND CONSISTENCY REVIEW OF HUDSON NATIONAL GOLF COURSE SPECIAL PERMIT APPLICATION FOR SOLAR ARRAY MATRIX PROPOSAL The Board will complete Part 2 of the SEQRA Environmental Impact form as well as complete the Consistency Review required under the Village’s Local Waterfront Impact Program (LWRP). The Board has received positive recommendations on both from the Planning Board and from the Waterfront Advisory Committee.
1. Consider scheduling a Public Hearing on granting a Special Use Permit to “The Dessertist” for November 3rd, 2021, at 7:00 PM. The Dessertist is proposing to move its business to Croton Point Avenue below the current location of the Green Growler and become a wholesale business. This requires a special permit as this is located in a LI-zoned district.
2. Consider affirmation of an executed agreement with Northwind Kennel of Bedford, New York, for the purposes of providing shelter for lost dogs at a cost of $1,500 for the period of July 1, 2021, through July 1, 2026.2All municipalities that issue dog licenses in NYS are required to either have their own shelter for such dogs or contract with such a shelter. This is a 5-year contract ending in July 2026.
3. Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to transfer money from the General Fund to the Capital Fund, and amend the 2021-2022 General Fund Budget and Capital Fund Budget in the amount of $9,552 for purchase of additional equipment for the new fire engine 118. This is for extrication spreaders used in motor vehicle accidents. It was not included in the original cost.
4. Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2021-2022 General Fund Budget in the amount of $15,000 for renovations of the Harmon Firehouse Ready Room for use by Croton Emergency Medical Services. The Croton EMS will be temporarily housed in the Harmon Firehouse due to their current location having mold issues. This amount covers the necessary renovations to accommodate the EMS until a new permanent site is determined.