Dear neighbor, Here is the 544th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – July 12, 2021
Work Session Meeting of the Village Board
1. Discussion on possible Fall Festival in Vassallo Park. Since Summerfest 2020 and 2021 were canceled due to the pandemic, the Village Manager has suggested a Fall celebration to be held at Vassallo Park.The Board will discuss this idea and review the estimated costs involved for overtime expenses as well as the format of such an event.
2. Review plans to renovate the public restroom facilities in the Municipal Building.
3. Discussion regarding the Marijuana Regulation & Taxation Act and its possible impact on Croton-on-Hudson. The Board will discuss the following items:
1) Shall the Village Code section prohibiting smoking and vaping tobacco in parks and recreation areas be expanded to prohibit the smoking and vaping of marijuana in those areas?
2) Shall the Village adopt a local law prohibiting dispensaries of marijuana and other cannabis products within the Village boundaries?
3) Shall the Village adopt a local law prohibiting cannabis consumption sites (“lounges”) from operating within the Village boundaries?
If the Board decides to prohibit #2 or #3, it must do so before the end of this year. The Board can “opt out” of the provisions of this act up to December 31, 2021. This decision is subject to a permissive referendum. If it does not “opt out” by the end of the year, it cannot do so later. It can “opt in” at any time.