Dear neighbor, Here is the 543rd installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – July 6, 2021
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
NOTE: This meeting is on Tuesday. It will be held in the Municipal Building, 2nd floor meeting room.
- Public Hearing for the amended special permit application from Hudson National Golf Club for modifications to their ancillary storage area. The Board will hear comments from the public on the storage area located on Prickly Pear Hill Road. The Planning Board has provided a memorandum of support for the application.
- Public Hearing on the special permit application from Joseph Lippolis for a first-floor residential dwelling at 368 S. Riverside Avenue. The Zoning Board has approved the variance and the Planning Board has recommended approval.
- Letter from the New York State Dept. of State Office of Planning, Development and Community Infrastructure regarding the removal and installation of fueling stations and associated equipment at the Metro-North Croton-Harmon Yards. The Village is being notified of the change in the fueling stations from underground to above-ground at the MN Croton-Harmon yards.
- Letter from Erin Hickok, Senior Investments Analyst at Sol Systems, regarding the environmental site assessments done at the Croton-Harmon Train Station for the installation of solar canopies. The report did not find any unsuspected or large-scale environmental issues beyond expectations given its past history. Steps to address individual issues are outlined.
- Email from New York State Division of the Budget regarding the Village’s share of the American Rescue Plan funding. The Village is notified that its share of the funding from this fund will be $826,878. Half will be available this year and half will be available next year.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to close various capital project accounts as of May 31, 2021. Twenty one capital projects have been completed and those accounts will be closed.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2020-2021 General Fund Budget in the amount of $6,511.25 for expenses related to STOP-DWI overtime patrols. The County provides this money for these STOP SWI patrols.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2021-2022 General Fund Budget in the amount of $4,000.94 for the reimbursement of COVID-19 expenses. FEMA provides this funding.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute an agreement with Bergmann Associates of Albany, New York, for design engineering services for Historic Hudson Valley’s Van Cortlandt Manor entrance restoration project. The Village acts as the sponsor agency for the NYS grant that is funding this HHV renovation. No Village money is involved.
|Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign Form RP-566 to process the change in assessment for the property located at 906 Half Moon Bay Drive (designated on the tax maps as Section 78.20, Block 001, Lot 001.34) due to a clerical error made in omitting a senior citizen exemption. This is approval to correct an assessment error for this property.Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2020-21 General Fund Budget in the amount of $130,555 to cover the cost of retirement payouts made to four employees. The money for these payouts has been set aside in a restricted fund for this purpose.Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the amount of $5,000 for the purpose of auditing the expenditures of the Croton Point Avenue Traffic, Pedestrian, and Bicycle Improvement Project. Completion of the CPA project requires an audit of each funding source, federal and state. Acknowledge receipt of a special permit application from the Croton Circle School for a day care center at 119 Maple Street and consider referring the necessary documents to the Village Planning Board as required by law. This is the first step in the process of obtaining a special permit to operate a day care center at this location.|
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make a transfer from the fund balance – assigned – future retirement expenditures in the amount of $153,571 to cover the cost of the 2020-2021 fiscal year invoices for the New York State Local and Retirement System. The amount came in over the budgeted amount and will be moved from the assigned fund balance account to cover the difference.
- j. Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make necessary transfers in the 2020-2021 General, Water and Sewer Fund budgets. These transfers are in preparation for the upcoming on-site audit.