Dear neighbor, Here is the 517thinstallment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – December 21, 2020
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
Join Zoom Meeting via Computer or Tablet – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87620273084?pwd=U3g5bklSRHJJbjdPSjUrdDVrUWhWUT09
Join Zoom Meeting by Phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Webinar ID: 876 2027 3084
Executive Session at 5:30.. Consider a request from the Village Manager to enter into executive session to discuss the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property.
PRESENTATIONS/OTHER: Review of the Environment Assessment Form Part II and the Village’s Local Waterfront Revitalization Program policies by the Village Board to determine consistency related to the special use permit application from Ralph Rossi and Philip Spagnoli for the construction of a multi-residential building at 25 S. Riverside Avenue. The Board will review these forms as a required part of the Special Permit process under consideration.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute the Mutual Aid and Rapid Response Plan Inter-Municipal Agreement with Westchester County for the period beginning July 31, 2020, through July 30, 2025. This authorization was held over from a previous meeting. The IMA is a renewal which permits mutual assistance among departments based on their resources and specialized skills.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute Change Order 8 with Hendrickson Fire Rescue Equipment of Islandia, New York, for changes made to the design of the 2018 Triple Combination Pumper, in the credit amount of $139.27. This Change order is for the elimination of one item from the pumper as it is being customized to Croton’s specifications.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute the STOP-DWI Patrol Program Inter-Municipal Agreement with Westchester County for the period beginning January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2025. This is a 5-year renewal of a program that reimburses Croton Police up to $8400 for overtime work associated with driving while intoxicated.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the amount of $2,161.96 for monies received from the New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee grant. This is grant money based on various Police Traffic Safety activities as reported to NYS for reimbursement.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute an agreement with Penflex, Inc. to administer the Fire Department Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) at an estimated cost of $6,850.00 for the period beginning November 1, 2020, until October 31, 2021. The Fire Department Service Award program was begun in 2003. Penflex provides actuarial and administrative services needed to administer the program.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to award the bid for welding services to John Santella Welding of Putnam Valley, New York, at the rate of $94/hour for the welder and $89/hour for the welder’s helper, for a total of $25,620, for the period beginning December 6, 2020 until December 5, 2021. The bid was the lowest of two bids received to provide welding services for the Village for welding that cannot be performed in-house during the coming year.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to accept the proposal from Stratagem Security of Elmsford, New York, for the installation of an intercom system at the Municipal Building in the amount of $10,298.71. In and effort to increase the safety and security of the Municipal Building, this system would secure the entrances. Each department would be able to view visitors remotely and remotely unlock the door for entrance.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to accept the proposal from Metrocom of Bedford Hills, New York, for a replacement police radio base station in the amount of $7,106.75 and further authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the same amount. The police base radio station is 20 years old and no longer properly functioning. It is past its useful life and is no longer serviced by Motorola. This allows the money to be taken from the Contingency account since this expense was not part of the approved Budget.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to establish a special capital account with the monies received from the sale of two surplus vehicles to the Town of Cortlandt. The Town of Corltandt is interested in purchasing the 2 Village dump trucks that are being replaced at $35,000 each. This is considered a fair market price. Superintendent Balbi would like the Board to create a new capital account for the purpose of reserving this money for the purchase of future DPW equipment.
- Consider determining that the Proposed Action, a lease agreement for a portion of the Croton-Harmon Train Station parking lot for the installation of solar canopies, is an Unlisted Action under SEQRA, declaring the Village Board as Lead Agency under SEQRA, and referring the necessary documents to the Waterfront Advisory Committee for a recommendation of consistency with the Village’s Local Waterfront Revitalization Program. The Village put out a request for proposals for solar canopies at the Train station. Seven proposals were received. The Village is working with Sol Systems of Washington DC to work out a mutually agreeable lease. This action moves the process forward by declaring the Village as Lead Agency for this proposal.