Dear neighbor, Here is the 516th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Work Session of the Village Board
Join Zoom Meeting via Computer or Tablet – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86528394498?pwd=RFRZbUhTcEhZcnU5NVBTTDN4a0trdz09
Join Zoom Meeting by Phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Webinar ID: 865 2839 4498
1. Introduction to Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative Process. This process is the result of Executive Order 203 from Governor Cuomo issued in June 2020. It requires that each municipality with its own police department conduct such an analysis. The Village called for volunteers shortly after and has a Task Force of some 22 members. They have conducted 7 Forums and a written survey since then. The Task Force has met in full 8 times and has formed subcommittees which will be reported on during this work session. The Board of Trustees must submit a report and plan to NYS by April 1, 2021.
Back up documents for this meeting include a review of the comments received from the public at the forums, in the survey and from emails sent to the Village. The report from the Analysis sub-committee provides a data analysis from all the above information as well as Police Department statistics. All the backup reports are available on the Village website for this meeting’s agenda.
2. Update from Communications Subcommittee.
3. Update from School-Police Relations Sub-Committee
4. Review of Information Compiled by Comments/Citizen Review Sub-Committee.
5. Overview of work from the Operating Procedures Sub-Committee
6. Report from the Analysis Sub-Committee on Survey Results, Suspicious Person Calls, Arrest Data and Traffic Stops
7. Questions/Comments from the Board of Trustees on Information Discussed/Presented