Dear neighbor, Here is the 500th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – July 20, 2020
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
Join Zoom Meeting via Computer or Tablet – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83881335723?pwd=ZGluNW9CV09YVWY3MVdjUGYrOVJ4UT09
Join Zoom Meeting by Phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Webinar ID: 838 8133 5723
- Letter from Vincent Sapienza, Commissioner of the New York City Dept. of Environmental Protection, regarding the water temperatures in the Croton River. Commissioner Sapienza is responding to a letter from Mayor Pugh and Supervisor Puglisi regarding the cold temperatures of water in the Croton river. The Commissioner recounts the history of the NYC DEP’s mandate to release a certain amount of water into the Croton River and why it must come from the bottom of the dam (coldest water) rather than over the top of the dam. He also relates the flow to the current NYSDEC Hydrilla treatments ongoing in the Croton River.
- Consider affirmation of an executed agreement with Northwind Kennel of Bedford, New York, for the purposes of providing shelter for lost dogs at a cost of $1,500 for the period of July 2, 2020, through July 1, 2021. The Village is required to have either an agreement with an animal shelter or maintain its own shelter for housing stray dogs. This agreement is for one year.
- Consider scheduling a public hearing on Local Law Introductory 6 of 2020 to amend Chapter 168 of the Village Code, Parks and Recreation Areas, to prohibit the use of remote-controlled aircraft in Village-owned parks for August 3, 2020, at 6 PM via Zoom Videoconference. The amendment would add a new section to the code that reads as follows: “No person shall launch or land any remote-controlled aircraft, including but not limited to model airplanes, model helicopters, drones, rockets, or gliders in any public recreational facilities, except for Gouveia Park.”
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2019-20 General Fund Budget in the amount of $76,662.68 with respect to grant funding received to cover the costs of the Croton Coalition. This reflects receipt of federal grant money received for reimbursement of Croton Coalition expenses in the2019/2020 fiscal year.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to accept a proposal for safety and security improvements for the Municipal Building offices from Mancon, LLC, of Yorktown Heights, New York, in the amount of $8,500. This proposal is for the labor costs associated with enhancing the security of offices in the Municipal Building where public access is required. The work will begin in the Recreation Department and will include the Engineering Office and the Main office.