Dear neighbor, Here is the 496th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – June 8, 2020
Work Session of the Village Board
NOTE: Please note that the meeting will start at 6 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting via Computer or Tablet – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84517284122?pwd=b0FjVFRkTmZ0R2NnZzJwMTF2UFJTUT09
Join Zoom Meeting by Phone: +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Webinar ID: 845 1728 4122
- Update from Historic Hudson Valley on the Van Cortlandt Manor Entrance Improvements Project. Representatives from HHV will provide details on the status of the planned entrance improvement project for Van Cortlandt Manor on South Riverside Ave. HHV applied for a grant in 204. The Village agreed to be the “sponsor” for official purposes with HHV assuming all obligations in 2009. The Federal Highway Administration provided a $3.7 million grant for the project, 80% of which is provided by the government and 20% is from HHV. Details of the proposal will be discussed.
- Discussion of possible solar projects at the Croton-Harmon Train Station. As proposed by the Village’s Sustainability Committee, the Board will discuss the possibility of soliciting proposals for solar canopies at the train station parking lot.
- Review of Village Board resolution dated May 3, 1993, regarding special permits issued for outdoor dining and/or displays. The Board will discuss whether the existing conditions remain applicable or should be updated.
- Review of new COVID-19 guidance from NYS on utilizing certain Village streets for outdoor dining. The State has issued guidance on outdoor dining. The Croton Business Council has submitted a proposal that calls for outdoor dining on Upper Village streets (Grand and Old Post Road South), with tables and chairs located in the cordoned off areas. The CBC proposes closure for outdoor dining on Saturdays and Sundays. The NYS Liquor Authority also has guidance on outdoor alcoholic beverages. The Board will discuss this proposal as well as look at other local proposals for outdoor dining.
- Update on anti-bias training in the police department. A report will be given on the status of this training that began over the last year.