Dear neighbor, Here is the 476th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – January 21, 2020
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
NOTE: This Regular meeting is on a Tuesday due to Martin Luther King Day holiday.
- Public hearing to consider adoption of Local Law Introductory No. 1 of 2020 to override the property tax cap. Since the inception of the Property Tax Levy Cap in NYS in 2012, it is necessary for each municipality to pass a law to allow it to override the Tax Cap in the event unforeseen circumstances require it. A penalty would be imposed if the tax levy is exceeded without the passage of this law.
- Letter from Michelle Minoff, Director of Community Engagement at Temple Israel of Northern Westchester, thanking the Village Board and staff for the Community Hanukkah Celebration. Ms. Minoff thanked the Village and said it was a meaningful event for everyone.
- Croton Point Avenue Traffic, Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project Updates:
Email from Orietta Trocard, Regional Local Projects Manager for NYSDOT, regarding additional funding for the Croton Point Avenue Traffic, Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project. The letter from the NYSDOT notifies the Village of receiving $750,000 for the project in addition to the $250,000 previous allotted to it by the DOT.
Letter from Gabriela Paladino, President of Paladino Concrete Creations Corp., regarding the bid pricing for the Croton Point Avenue Traffic, Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project. The letter extends the hold time on their bid price until March 3, 2020.
- Consider scheduling a Public Hearing to amend Chapter 197 of the Village Code, Streets and Sidewalks, to prohibit signage in the Village’s right-of-way for Monday, February 3, 2020, at 8 PM in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building. The proposed Local Law would prohibit posting of signs, flyers, etc. as specified in Section 197-8 below:
197-8. Posting notices and the scattering/placing/tossing of advertisements.
No person shall place, post, affix, or otherwise put up any written, printed, or painted sign or notice on
any of the trees, poles, walls, fences or buildings on or along any of the streets, rights-of-way or public
places in said Village, nor scatter, place, or throw any advertisements or notices nor cause the same to be scattered, placed, or thrown along or in any of the streets, rights-of-way or public places in said Village.
- Consider scheduling a Public Hearing to consider Local Law Introductory No. 9 of 2019 and Local Law Introductory No. 10 of 2019 to amend Chapter 230 of the Village Code, Zoning, with regards to the Municipal Place Gateway area for Monday, February 3, 2020, at 8 PM in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building. The Village Board is calling for a Public Hearing on Local Laws Introductory No. 9 and No. 10 regarding zoning modifications in the Municipal Place Gateway area. As a result of input from a prior Public Hearing, some changes made in the substance of the law, specifically a reduction in the Floor Area Ratio from .8 to .5. requiring another public hearing.