Dear neighbor, Here is the 460th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – September 3, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
NOTE: This meeting is on a Tuesday due to Labor Day Holiday.
- Email from Toni Senecal Shea, owner of the Croton Tapsmith, requesting use of one parking space on September 8th and every Sunday thereafter to park a pizza oven truck. Ms. Senecal would like to make this a weekly event which she feels would bring more visibility to the Upper Village area.
- Letter from John Petronella, Acting Regional Director of the NYS DEC, regarding state efforts at the Croton River Gorge Unique Area. Mr.Petronella responds to a letter from Manager Janine King regarding steps the Croton River Task Force would like the DEC to take regarding the Unique Area on the Croton River. He outlines steps the DEC is taking and acknowledges that further steps are likely needed in the future. He states that the DEC defers to the County Dept. of Health in the matter of water testing. Results of the testing done by the Village are included in the backup. The most recent test on August 26 returned results that fall in the normal range.
- Email from John Munson, Fire Council Secretary, regarding membership changes in the Croton Fire Department. Mr. Munson informs the Board of the addition of two Active members and a change of one active member to social membership.
- Consider awarding Bid #4-2019 for concrete curbing at various locations to Con-Tech Construction Technology Inc. of Carmel, New York, in the amount of $297,500. Curb replacements are needed at various locations prior to schedule re-surfacing of the roads. New curbs will also be needed as part of the redevelopment of the station parking lot where the former garage was located. Three bids were received.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign a contract addendum with Onsolve, LLC (dba Code Red) to add foreign language translation to existing services at a cost of $150 per year. Onsolve LLC provides the Village with its emergency notification services. This is a new feature offered by Onsolve that was not included in the 2019/2020 Budget.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2019-20 General Fund Budget in the amount of $39,351 for monies received from Con Edison to resurface roadways. Con Ed recently did work in the area of Nordica and Truesdale which required restoration of the pavement. In lieu of Con Ed performing the work, the Village is accepting payment from Con Ed for the restoration work.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the amount of $74,000 to account for the premium received from the 2018 series bond. The premium is being allocated to various Capital accounts.
OTHER: Consider a request from the Village Manager to hold an executive session to discuss matters of real property.