Dear neighbor, Here is the 449th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – May 6, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
- Presentation of Proclamation to the family of Mayor Roland Bogardus. The Village Board has been in the process of arranging a presentation to former Mayor Bogardus over the past two months. Unfortunately, Mayor Bogardus passed away before it could occur. The presentation proclamation recognizes Mayor Bogardus’ time in office as Mayor from 1983 to 1989 and as a Trustee prior to that time.
- Review of the Environment Assessment Form Part II and the Village’s Local Waterfront Revitalization Program policies by the Village Board to determine consistency related to Introductory Local Law No. 5 on Zoning Law changes. The Board must review the SEQRA documents as well as the LWRP’s Consistency Review criteria regarding the proposed amendment to the C-2 zoning district which would permit day care facilities by special permit.
- Consider scheduling a public hearing for Monday, May 20, at 8 PM, in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building to adopt Local Law Introductory No. 5 of 2019 to amend Section 230-17 of the Zoning Chapter of the Village Code to permit day-care uses by special permit in the C-2 Zoning District. The Public Hearing is for the proposed amendment to the C-2 zoning district to permit daycare facilities by special permit.
- Consider authorizing the Mayor to execute the Sponsor Authorization Form for the Croton-on-Hudson Fire Department Length of Service Award Program for 2018. This authorization is required annually to continue the Fire Service Award program.
- Consider scheduling a public hearing for Monday, May 20, at 8 PM, in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building to adopt Local Law Introductory No. 6 of 2019 to amend Section 230-61 of the Zoning Chapter of the Village Code to revise the deadline for mailing of public notices. The proposed change would reduce the time deadline from 15 days to 10 days for Special Permits.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to make an interfund transfer in the amount of $6,735.00 for Fire Department costs. This is for a power hose roller that would reduce or prevent back injuries for fire fighters. A grant of $1800 from the workers’ compensation agency covers a portion of the $8,535 total cost. The remainder would be moved from Contingency.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2018-2019 General Fund Budget in the amount of $1,632.48 for monies received from insurance recovery. The insurance recovery was from the insurance company of a motorist who hit and damaged a street light.
- Consider authorizing the purchase of one Lo-Boy dump truck cab and chassis in the amount of $49,468 from fund balance as appropriated in the 2019-2020 Capital Fund Budget. This piece of equipment would normally be ordered in the fall and become available 3 to 4 months afterwards. The current piece of equipment which would be replaced is now out of service. DPW Superintendent has requested that the dump truck portion of the equipment be replaced now so it will be available when needed in the fall. The amount is $49,468 for the truck portion. Additional equipment including plowing equipment will need to be ordered in the near future for a total combined cost of $70,000.