Dear neighbor, Here is the 447th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – April 15, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
PUBLIC HEARING: Public Hearing to consider adoption of Local Law Introductory No. 4 of 2019, repealing Local Law 2 of 2019, the prior tax cap override
- Email from Jo Ann Fannon, Chair of the Croton Community Blood Committee, announcing the date of the next Croton Community Blood Drive will be May 5.
- Email from Joe Martinelli, Adjutant/Treasurer of American Legion Fox-Eklof Post 505, regarding the use of Senasqua Park for a centennial celebration.
- Consider adoption of the 2019-2020 Village Budget for the fiscal year commencing June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020. The FY 2019/2020 General Fund budget is for $19427,655 of which $11,656,141 would be subject to the Tax Levy. The percentage tax increase is 0.46%. Under the NYS Tax Levy Cap law a 2% increase was allowed. The Tentative Budget which the Board of Trustees has been reviewing for the past several weeks, called for 1.09% increase. The increase in dollars, if this budget is approved, would be $1.179/$1000 of assessed valuation.
- Consider the addition of past due receivables to the tax bills for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. This allows certain categories of unpaid bills to be added to property tax bills.
- Consider adoption of the Master Fee Schedule for 2019-20. Fees pertaining to all departments are established in one section of the law and updated periodically. This resolution establishes the most recent updates to the various fees.
- Consider authorizing the Mayor to sign the Tax Warrant for the collection of taxes for the period commencing June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020. This resolution authorizes the Village to send out the tax bills for the fiscal year 2019/2020.
- Consider acknowledging receipt of Local Law Introductory 5 of 2019 to amend Section 230, Zoning, of the Village Code to permit day-care uses by special permit in the C-2 Zoning District, declaring the Village as Lead Agent under SEQRA, issuing the EAF and CAF and referring the draft law and other documentation to the Village Planning Board, Waterfront Advisory Committee and Westchester County Planning Board in accordance with Village and County law. This begins the process of amending the zoning law as it pertains to permitted uses in C-2 zones to allow Day Care centers to apply for a special permit. The resolution forwards the proposal to multiple boards and the County to review it and make recommendations. This must be done before the zoning amendment can move ahead.
- Consider adoption of a resolution in observance of Arbor Day on April 26, 2019. The Village is a Tree City recognized by The National Arbor Society in recognition of its tree planting and its annual Arbor Day observance.