Dear neighbor, Here is the 442nd installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – April 1, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
NOTE: This meeting will begin at 7:30.
PRESENTATION/OTHER: Presentation of Certificate of Recognition to Ms. Jeanine Hall, teacher at Hendrick-Hudson High School, on being named Biomedical Teacher of the Year by Project Lead the Way (PLTW).
PUBLIC HEARING: Public Hearing on the adoption of the 2019-2020 Tentative Village Budget. This public hearing is an opportunity for residents to comment on the proposed budget. The Board is also reviewing each of the departmental budgets at ongoing work sessions. As proposed, the FY 2019/2020 budget is in compliance with the NYS Property Tax Cap legislation. The proposed budget calls for in increase of $160,011 from the prior year which is $277,916 less than the allowable limit. The proposed levy is for $11,721,287 and a 1.09% increase in the tax rate. The final budget is scheduled for adoption on April 15 and will likely be slightly different than the proposed budget after the reviews and comments are evaluated.
- Request from Phyllis Bock, Director of Education at Teatown, to run a trout release program at Silver Lake on May 8 and May 14. This is an annual request from Teatown which the Village has agreed to in past years.
- Letter from Valerie Leis, Croton Council on the Arts President, and Jim Christenson, Croton Council on the Arts Director of Photography, requesting to host an Outdoor Arts Festival this fall. The Croton Council on the Arts would like to resume its Fall Arts event. In the past, 2015 and 2016, it was held at Senasqua Park. They would like to consider moving it to Croton Landing park and would like it to be on a Saturday in September or early October.
- Letter from Daniel Boglioli, Treasurer of the Croton Caring Committee, acknowledging the Village’s contribution to the committee, and the February 2019 Croton Caring Committee Newsletter.
- Consider scheduling a Public Hearing on April 15, 2019 at 7:30 PM in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building to consider Local Law Introductory No. 4 of 2019, repealing Local Law 2 of 2019, the prior tax cap override. The Board previously passed on Override Law to avoid penalties if the Property Tax exceeded the NYS Tax Levy Cap. As the budget for FY 2019/2020 will not exceed the Tax Cap, it is necessary to rescind the law which requires a public hearing.
- Consider scheduling a public hearing for Monday, May 20, 2019, at 8 PM in the Georgianna Grant Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building to issue an expansion of the special permit for Happy Hearts Take Two, located at 365 South Riverside Avenue. The application calls for a special permit to operate an additional ten daycare classrooms at the location. The Planning Board has reviewed it and recommended positively. A public hearing is necessary for the issuance of this special permit which this resolution schedules.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute an agreement with Zoja Nrecaj for the use of the parking area located at 358 South Riverside Ave. for the period beginning June 1, 2019, continuing through May 31, 2023, at a cost of $1,320 per year. This extends an existing 4-year agreement for the 11 parking spaces at this location, 8 of which are available for the public, at no increase in the annual amount.
- Consider authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2018-2019 General Fund Budget in the amount of $4,112.10 for monies received from insurance recovery. This pertains to a fallen tree which damaged fencing and bleachers at Manes Field.