Here is the 424th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – November 19, 2018
Regular Meeting of the Village Board
(Open to Public and Televised
- Vincent F. Kopicki, Environmental Facilities Commissioner for Westchester County, discusses the August 2018 sewage leak in Crotonville. The Village has requested that the County address how and why this sewage leak into the Croton River occurred and what is being done to prevent a future occurrence as well notification protocols to the Village.
- Sarah Smiley, Director of Member Services from Energize NY, on the new Pay When Received PACE program. The Village already is a member of the Energy Improvement Corporation. As a member it is eligible to participate in certain Energy efficiency and renewable energy projects that comply with NYSERDA programs, and investor owned utility programs. The new Pay When Received program is aimed at commercial, multi-family and not-for-profit building owners. It requires the Village to approve an addendum to its current agreement.
- Review of the Environment Assessment Form Parts II & III by the Village Board to determine consistency related to Phase II of the Senasqua Park Walkway project. The Village is moving forward with its plans to complete the walkway extension from Senasqua Park to the recently completed Elliott Way walkway to the north. It requires approvals from both the NYSDEC and the Army Corps of Engineers. The process to getting those approvals involves submitting application design documents, declaring the Village to be Lead Agency in the SEQRA review and a determination of consistency with our Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan – LWRP. The Board will review the documents.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: Public hearing to consider adoption of Local Law Introductory 11 of 2018 to amend the Tree Law of the Village Code to address the removal of dangerous trees and tree limbs. The Board will take public comments on the proposed law. The intent is to amend Section 208 of the Code to allow the Village to remove trees on private property, that are deemed dangerous and an imminent threat, with notice to the owner, with the costs being borne by the owner.
- Memo from Daniel O’Connor, Village Engineer, regarding the extension of a building permit for 370 South Riverside Avenue. Mr. O’Connor recommends a six month extension due to extenuating circumstances of the owner.
- Email from Jo Ann Fannon, Chair of the Croton Community Blood Drive Committee, announcing the Croton Blood Drive on December 2. The Blood Drive will be held from 9 am to 3 pm at the Croton Harmon High School. Ms. Fannon’s letter emphasizes the extreme need for blood in our area and urges participation by our residents.
- Email from Dan Welsh, Westchester Power Program Director, regarding 2019 notification letters. Notification letters will be going out to customers of the Westchester Power program notifying them of options for at their energy supply. The Village is part of this program offered by Westchester Power. Constellation New Energy is the supplier.
- Consider authorizing the Village Attorney to execute the proposed tax certiorari settlement for 35 South Riverside Avenue for the years 2014-2017. A proposed settlement agreement between the owners of the property and the Village calls for a reimbursement from the Village of $22,837.97 for the years 2014 – 2017.
- Consider authorizing the Village Attorney to execute the proposed tax certiorari settlement for 180 North Riverside Avenue for the year 2017. A proposed settlement agreement between the owners of the property and the Village calls for a reimbursement from the Village of $4,448.24 for the2017 year.