Dear neighbor, Here is the 409th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – June 18, 2018
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
(Open to Public – Televised)
- Memo from Daniel O’Connor, Village Engineer, requesting an extension of a building permit for 3 Mt. Airy Road. Mr. O’Connor recommends an extension of the permit to August 22, 2018.
- Memo from Richard Luntz, Planning Board Chairman, regarding special use permit renewal for 365 South Riverside Avenue. The Planning Board reviewed the renewal application for a special permit (expired in February 2018) for a Motor vehicle Service Station but found that several conditions from the previously issued special permit have not been implemented. The Planning Board concluded that it cannot make a recommendation on a renewal in light of the lack of completion of the previously issued (but expired) special permit. It recommends the Village Board direct the applicant to complete the existing requirements before returning to the Planning Board.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign the 2018-2019 Municipal Snow and Ice Agreement Extension with the New York State Department of Transportation. This is funding provided to the Village in the amount of $19,501.40 for snow and ice control on Route 129 and Route 9A. This is a renewal of the annual agreement for snow and ice removal on the NYS roads in the Village.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign an agreement with Virtual Towns and Schools to upgrade the Village website in the amount of $7,500.00. This work will provide considerable new functionality for the Village’s website, an important source for information about Village government for residents.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign an agreement with Mancon, LLC for carpentry services for the new DPW garage. The contract with Mancon, LLC, not to exceed $30,000, will assist in the completion of the interior renovations at the new DPW building by providing skilled labor to assist DPW laborers.
- Acknowledge receipt of letter from Mr. Ibrahim Jamal, owner of Smoke Town Discount, requesting a renewal of the special permit for his business, refer such application to the Planning Board for review and schedule a public hearing on the special permit renewal for Monday, July 9, at 8:00 PMin the Meeting Room of the Stanley H. Kellerhouse Municipal Building. The existing special permit for the Smoke Town Discount store was for one year, beginning in July 2017. Mr. Jamal is requesting a renewal. The Planning Board review the application and make a recommendation to the Village Board prior to a Public Hearing on the matter on July 9.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to fund the part-time position of Assistant Building Inspector and authorizing the Village Treasurer to transfer $30,000.00 from contingency into the Engineering Department personal services budget line. The Village Building Dept. is in need of additional help in building inspections so that they are performed on a timely basis.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to sign a memorandum of agreement with the Croton Little League for improvements to Firefighters Memorial Field and David J. Manes Memorial Field. Croton Little League is proposing to fund improvements to the two fields. They have submitted proposals from DeRosa Construction for Manes field ($26,500) and Firefighters’ ($34,000). Work at Manes would be primarily drainage improvements while improvements at Firefighters’ field would include removing infield grass and replacing with clay, clean up of the whole infield, drainage and fence work.