Decoding Village Agendas – February 26, 2018
Work Session of the Village Board
7: 30 p.m.
(Open to Public and Televised)
- Financial Sustainability Committee – Update to the Board. Members of the Financial Sustainability Committee will update the Board on what they are working on. No advance documents have been provided.
- Discussion about proposed local law regulating solar canopies within the Village. This proposed law would provide language for amending the Village’s Zoning code to permit and regulate both ground-mounted solar installations and large scale solar installations.
- Discussion of proposed local law regarding potential regulation of vape shops.
This proposed language would add the definition of a Vape Shop to the Zoning code and provide that no vape shop be located within 500 feet of any park, school or playground.
- Review of proposed local law on affordable housing. This proposed law would add a new section to the Village’s Zoning Law for supplementary standards for the provision of affordable housing. It would provide that for proposed housing developments of ten units or greater, 10% of the units be for affordable housing. This means housing for households whose income does not exceed 80% of the area median income for Westchester. This would require that for 10 to 14 units of proposed new housing units, one (1) be an affordable unit; for proposals of 15- 24, two (2) such units be provided. The proposed law generally follows the County’s proposed Model Ordinance. Similar laws existing in North Salem, Hastings, Irvington, Pound Ridge, New Castle and Rye Brook are included in the back up materials for reference.
- Discussion on proposed renovations to Gouveia House and short-term rental possibilities. While the Village looks at planning for future uses of the house on the Gouveia property, it is considering a short-term rental option that would provide income during the interim. For that purpose, and general upkeep, some maintenance work on the house needs to be done. This includes railing on the outside decks and interior stairwell as well as some gating and fencing. The estimated cost of these repairs is $44,000.
- Village Board discussion on priorities for 2018. The Board members will have a general discussion of their priorities and goals for the future.