Dear neighbor, Here is the 347th installment of Decoding Village Agendas to keep Croton residents informed of the actions of the Village Board at their meetings. I continue to add recipients to this email update on agendas so you may be receiving it for the first time. I enjoy getting your feedback and hope to continue to hear from you. If you do not wish to receive these periodic email updates from me, please reply to this email and your name will be removed from the email list.
Decoding Village Agendas – December 19, 2016
Regular Meetings of the Village Board
(Open to Public – Televised)
PUBLIC HEARING: The Public Hearing to consider the special permit modification request from Hudson National Golf Club has been cancelled due to the applicant’s withdrawal of the request.. The application for an expansion of their locker room area has been withdrawn.
- Dan Ahouse, Area Director of Government Affairs, Altice; re: Notification that effective December 30, 2016, HTV Musica and Infinito channels will not longer be available. These two channels are ceasing operations.
- Robert LUntz, chairman, Village Planning Board; re: Comments from the Planning Board regarding Introductory Local Law No. 7 of 2016 on zoning code amendment language related to fences, walls, and attached structures. The Planning Board recommends that language be added to the front yard setback for walls and fences include the property up to the structure in RA-5, RA-9 and RB zoning districts. The letter also notes that there was a discussion but no agreement on a recommendation requiring the property owner erecting the fence to provide neighbor notification in RA-5, RA-9, and RB districts. On a vote, this recommendation failed 3-2 among Board members.
- Authorizing the Village Manager to sign the proposal from Computel Consultants, subject to the approval of the Village Attorney, for audit services to identify prior and present overcharges or underpayment of cable franchise fees, utilities, and Gross Receipts Tax liabilities. As compensation for services, the Village will agree to pay Computel Consultants a one-time fee of thirty-five percent (35%) of any and all recovered funds, due and payable upon their receipt. Cable franchises and utilities pay a Gross Receipts tax to municipalities in which they exist but what is owed is often under calculated. The same is true of utility billing but more about over charging.. The accuracy of the payments requires extensive knowledge of the franchise agreements. Computel would provide the analysis of these agreements and receive its payment from recovered fees and taes.
- Authorizing the Village Manager to award the contract to Sun-Dance Energy/DBA Markley Mechanical of Peekskill, NY in the amount of $117,431 to convert the boiler in the Municipal Building from oil to gas. Sun-Dance was the lower of two bids received for this work. The Board had previously authorized En-Power Group to conduct a feasibility study for this project and the engineering design for the project. En-Power reviewed the bids and recommended Sun-Dance. The boiler conversion was recommended by the Village’s Sustainability Committee.
- Authorizing the Village Treasurer to amend the 2016-2017 Fund Budget to reflect insurance recoveries in the amount of $3,124.05 to repair damages to the Fire Department 2015 Ford Super Duty F-450 that was involved in a collision. This is a budgetary housekeeping resolution.
- Authorizing the Village Treasurer to transfer $18,000 from the 2016-2017 General Fund Contingency Account to cover repairs to the fire trucks.Maintenance work was conducted on Engine 118, Engine 119, Tower Ladder 44 and Tanker 10. The work included brake line replacements, heater replacements and generator repairs. It was not budgeted for so this resolution authorizes money from the Contingency account to cover the costs.